Full Time Meals: Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large sweet potato
1⁄2 cauliflower, plus the outer leaves
1 tin of chickpeas
2 tbsp curry powder
1 vegetable stock cube
1 can of chopped tomatoes
2 mugs of boiling water
3 blocks of frozen spinach
- Peel and roughly chop the onion. Heat the vegetable oil in a large deep pan over a medium-high heat and, once hot, add the onion. Fry for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened and starting to brown.
- Next, peel and chop the sweet potato into bite-sized chunks and cut the cauliflower into florets (saving the leaves for later). Drain the chickpeas, then add these to the pan along with the chopped veg, curry powder, stock cube, chopped tomatoes and 2 mugs of boiling water. Stir it all together.
- Reduce the heat so that the curry is bubbling very gently at a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes until the sweet potato is tender.
- Slice up the outer leaves of the cauliflower and add these to the pan along with the spinach. Give it a stir and cook for another 3 minutes with the lid on.
- Finish with a bit of pepper if needed, and serve straightaway!