Full Time Meals: Kettle Omelette
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Sriracha, Brown Sauce, or your favourite sauce, to serve
Tom’s swap: If you don’t fancy a cheesy omelette why don’t you give grated mushrooms or sweetcorn a go? Just as tasty!
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork. Grate the cheddar and roughly chop the ham, then add this to the eggs with a bit of salt and pepper and give it a good stir.
- Pour half the egg mixture into a heatproof zip-lock sandwich bag and carefully push all the excess air out of the bag and seal it. Then do the same again with the remaining egg mixture into a second bag.
- Fill the kettle to 3⁄4 full, and then carefully place both omelette bags inside, leaving a little of each bag hanging over the top of the kettle and close the lid to secure the bags in place.
- Switch the kettle on. Once it has boiled, leave it to stand for 8 minutes - don’t open the lid! - then turn it back on again for a second boil. Once boiled for a second time, carefully remove the omelette bags using a set of tongs or something similar. Be careful it’s hot!
- Unzip the bags, slide the omelette out onto a plate, and tuck in. Easy peasy!