Full Time Meals: Mega Fish Finger Butty
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For the fish finger butties:
For the sweet cucumber
For the coleslaw:
- Whack the grill on high, or put the oven on at 200C.
- Start off by making the cucumber ribbons. Use a vegetable peeler to peel long wide strips (like ribbons) along the length of the cucumber. Pop them in a bowl and drizzle with the vinegar and a pinch of sugar. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Place the fish fingers on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking.
- Next, make the coleslaw. Thinly cut the lettuce and peel and grate the carrot, then put it all into a bowl. Add the mayonnaise and mix together to combine.
- When the fish fingers are cooked, add the spread onto the bread slices. Slice up the tomato and lay this onto 4 slices of the bread. Dollop a spoonful of coleslaw on top, then place 3 fish fingers on each. Next, take a spoonful of the cucumber ribbons and drain off the liquid, before topping onto each sandwich. Finally, place the remaining 4 slices of buttered bread onto each sandwich and gently squash it down. Cut the sandwiches in half and tuck in!