Full Time Meals: Spinach and Egg Flatbread Pizza
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For the flatbreads:
1 1⁄2 mugs of plain flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1⁄3 mug of water
1⁄2 tsp salt
For the topping:
- Whack the oven on at 180C.
- Start by making the flatbreads. Add the flour, oil and water to a medium bowl and mix it all together to combine. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces then, using your hands, press each piece into a rough circle and then roll it out with a rolling pin to make it as flat as possible until it is roughly the size of your frying pan.
- Heat the frying pan over a medium-high heat and, once hot, cook the flatbread for 2 minutes on each side, until browned and crisp on the outside. Slide the flatbread out of the frying pan and repeat the process to make 4 pizza bases.
- Transfer the flatbreads to a baking tray or sheet, so you have 2 per tray (you may need to cook them in batches). Spread 2 tbsp tomato purée onto each flatbread, then scatter over the defrosted spinach. Crack an egg into the middle and then sprinkle over a little grated mozzarella. Repeat this to make 4 pizzas.
- Cook in the hot oven for 6-8 minutes until the cheese has melted, the egg is just cooked and the base is crisp. Slice up, and tuck in!