Sweet and satisfying plum cobbler from Alpro
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
225g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
50g cold plant-based spread or butter, cut into small pieces
25g caster sugar
125ml Alpro Almond drink or Soya alternative to milk
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC fan, 200ºC conventional, gas 6.
- Place the granulated sugar, water and ground cinnamon in a large saucepan and place on a low heat until the sugar dissolves, approximately 2 minutes – do not bring it to the boil. Once the sugar has dissolved, increase the heat and bring to the boil, cooking for 1-2 minutes. Then add the plums, cover with a lid and cook gently on low to medium heat, for 5 minutes.
- Pour the cooked plums into a 25cm round ovenproof dish.
- Now to make the cobbler topping: Pour the flour and baking powder into a medium bowl, add the cold spread/butter and carefully rub the fat into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and Alpro Almond or Soya drink until you have a soft pliable consistency. Bring the mixture together into a ball.
- Place the cobbler mixture onto a lightly floured board and flatten out with your hand or a rolling pin to a thickness of around 4cms.
- Using a 6cm cutter, cut out 8 circles and place them on the top of the plums.
- Cook the dish in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cobbler is golden brown and well risen. Delicious served with Alpro fruit or plain alternative to yogurt.