For this week’s surplus supper we have been treated to a delectable delight from the team at Alpro. Bring a slice of joy to your evening, get rid of some of those leftover ingredients and bake your way to happiness with this shareable snack.
Help us get food to vulnerable people
At FareShare we’re working hard to continue delivering essential food supplies to frontline charities getting food to vulnerable people during the coronavirus outbreak. A donation of just £10 can provide enough food for 40 meals for those who are most at risk of hunger. If you have enjoyed this week's recipe please donate today and help us help others.
Donate to FareShare
Caffe Tray bake/Pudding
Serves 6 as a pudding
12 as a tray bake
- 200g soft margarine/ butter
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 200g self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 120g carrots, grated (can also use parsnips or sweet potato)
- 100ml Alpro Caffè drink (if not available use 100ml Alpro Vanilla alternative to yogurt, mixed with 1 tbsp coffee granules & 2 tsp boiling water)
200ml Alpro Vanilla alternative to yogurt
10ml Alpro Caffè drink (if not available use ½ tsp coffee granules & 1 tsp boiling water).
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC fan, 190ºC conventional, gas 5.
- Line a 28 x18cm ovenproof dish/ tray with baking parchment.
- Place the margarine, sugar, flour, baking powder and eggs into a medium size bowl and whisk for 3 minutes.
- Fold in the grated vegetable and Alpro Caffè drink.
- Pour into the prepared dish and smooth over the top with a wet spoon.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- When the cake has cooled slightly, spread over the Alpro Vanilla alternative to yogurt.
- Drizzle a little of the Alpro Caffè drink over the surface of the cake/pudding and using the end of a spoon, drag it gently over the surface to produce swirls.