Spread the word to future food heroes in your community by visiting schools, engaging with your local groups and chatting at festivals. Wasting food is bad for the environment, the economy and our fellow human beans. Help us shout about it!
What will I be doing?
• Educating your local community about the issues of food waste and food poverty and how FareShare aims to tackle this problem
• Attending events to promote FareShare
• Organising your own local events
• Finding local charities who could benefit from food from FareShare
• Supporting national campaigns and one-off volunteering opportunities in your local area
• Comfortable speaking to groups of people
• Positive, friendly and enthusiastic about tackling food waste and hunger
• Active in your community and networks – good links to social, community groups and schools would be a plus!
• Proactive – this role will require a certain degree of independence
• The opportunity to get out and about at various community events and to strengthen links in your area
• Improve your communication skills and learn how to motivate people
• Be on the frontline of tackling food waste and food poverty