Please complete the quiz on the previous page to find out which role you are able to volunteer in. After you have completed the quiz, you will be able to choose a role to apply for.
A standard driving licence is all you need to deliver our food once or twice a week to children’s clubs, homeless hostels and refuges in your area. We’ve got the vans, we just need you!
What will I be doing?
- You will be the vital link between us and the charities, getting the food to where it’s needed
- Dropping off the weekly orders of food at local charities and collecting surplus from local food businesses with the help of a Driver’s Assistant
- You’ll be the friendly face of FareShare interacting with the charities, making sure they get the food they need
- Working with other volunteers to load up the van with daily deliveries before you head out
- A standard driving licence
- Confident to drive a medium-sized van (experience is preferable)
- Good at map reading and able to use a Sat Nav system
- Positive, friendly and personable, interacting well with different people
- Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
- Adaptable – managing surplus can be unpredictable so day to day routes and drop off points can vary
- Active and sociable role, building relationships directly with the charities we support
- Gain a variety of skills such as route planning, organising and communication skills
- Working reference available after 3 months in the role
- You will directly ensure that good quality food is not wasted and gets into the hands of the people who need it
- Reasonable travel expenses and a free lunch