Head out with our drivers for a day on the road making deliveries of food to charities like community centres, older people’s lunch clubs and nurseries in your local area. Help us get food to where it’s needed!
What will I be doing?
• Accompany our volunteer drivers to deliver and collect food
• Help load and unload the vans
• Be an extra pair of hands helping the driver with navigation, route planning and timing
• Good at map reading and able to use a Sat Nav system
• Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
• Positive, friendly and personable, able to interact well with different people
• Adaptable – managing surplus can be unpredictable so day to day tasks can vary
• Active and sociable role, interacting with the charities we support
• Gain a variety of skills such as route planning, organising and communication skills
• Working reference available after 3 months in the role
• You will directly ensure that good quality food is not wasted and gets into the hands of the people who need it
• Reasonable travel expenses and a free lunch