Without volunteers, FareShare could simply not do what we do. Help us make sure our current volunteers are as happy and engaged as possible, and help us spread the word to recruit more people in your area. The more the merrier!
What will I be doing?
• Recommending new places and opportunities to advertise for volunteers
• Responding to volunteer enquiries and applications
• Assisting with getting new volunteers started, logging application progress on our systems and helping with volunteer inductions
• Supporting our current volunteers, building good relationships and understanding their needs
• Comfortable speaking on the phone in a polite, clear and friendly manner
• Good with people, able to build relationships with volunteers from diverse backgrounds and see things from other people’s perspectives
• Basic computer skills, familiar with email, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Good organisational skills and able to use your initiative
• Adaptable – day to day tasks can vary
• Highly sociable role engaging with different people
• Strengthen your communication and IT skills
• Working reference available after 3 months in the role
• Directly ensure we have the people to get good food to local charities
• Reasonable travel expenses and a free lunch