Work in the warehouse to pick, pack and stack the daily deliveries of fresh food we receive from our food partners. It’s a great work out and all you need is a sturdy pair of hands!
What will I be doing?
• Working as part of a team to manually sort and store large deliveries of surplus food
• Helping to assemble the daily deliveries of food for local charities and community groups
• Making sure the food is within use by dates and handled safely
• Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
• Basic literacy and numeracy skills to record quantities and types of food
• Work well as part of a team
• Happy to complete tasks independently according to instruction
• Adaptable – managing surplus can be unpredictable so day to day tasks can vary
• Positive, friendly, and enthusiastic about tackling food waste and food poverty
• Be part of a team of likeminded people
• Gain warehouse management skills such as a Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene certificate and forklift training
• Be at the forefront of stopping good food from going to waste
• Reasonable travel expenses and a free lunch