Please complete the quiz on the previous page to find out which role you are able to volunteer in. After you have completed the quiz, you will be able to choose a role to apply for.
Volunteer in the warehouse to sort the food that we receive from our food partners and pick daily orders for charities. It’s a great way to keep fit and all you need is a sturdy pair of hands!
What will I be doing?
- Working as part of a team to manually sort and store large deliveries of surplus food
- Helping to assemble the daily deliveries of food for local charities and community groups
- Making sure the food is within use by dates and handled safely
- Contacting our charity members to talk through the food we have available to create their weekly food order
“I love the physicality of the work and my increased upper body strength!” Maureen, Northern Ireland
* Quote is from different volunteer to photograph
- Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills to record quantities and types of food
- Work well as part of a team
- Happy to complete tasks independently according to instruction
- Adaptable – managing surplus can be unpredictable so day to day tasks can vary
- Positive, friendly, and enthusiastic about tackling food waste and food poverty
- Be part of a team of likeminded people
- Gain warehouse management skills such as a Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene certificate and forklift training
- Be at the forefront of stopping good food from going to waste
- Reasonable travel expenses and a free lunch