Fruity bread and butter pudding from Alpro
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
250g wholemeal or white bread – sliced
50g butter (softened) or spread
4 eggs – beaten
250ml Alpro Soya alternative to milk
200g Alpro No Added Sugars Mango alternative to yogurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
60g soft ready to eat dried apricots, snipped into pieces
60g dried cherries or sultanas or raisins or a dried fruit mix
60g soft ready to eat dried figs or prunes, snipped into pieces
Zest & juice of a large orange
25g soft brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC fan, or 180ºC conventional, or gas 4.
- If you wish, remove the crusts from the bread slices before spreading with butter or spread, then cut each bread slice diagonally into two triangles.
- Mix the eggs, Alpro Soya alternative to milk, No added Sugars Mango alternative to yogurt, and the vanilla extract together in a jug.
- Grease the base and sides of a 23 x 23 x 6cm dish and place one layer of bread triangles pieces buttered side up on the base and sprinkle with three quarters of the fruit, then pour the orange juice and orange zest evenly over the bread.
- Place another layer of triangles over the top and sprinkle with the remaining fruit.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top and leave for 30 minutes to soak through. If you wish, you can leave it to soak through for longer by covering it with cling film and then placing it in the fridge.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the surface.
- Place the tray/dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown.