Full Time Meals: Beef Crumble
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 75 minutes
For the crumble topping:
1 1/2 mugs of plain flour
4 Tbsp reduced salt gravy granules
3 tsp mixed dried herbs
4 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 mug of water
A big pinch of black pepper
- Pop the oven on at 180 C, then heat a frying pan over a high heat and, once hot, add the mince. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Peel and slice the onion and add this to the pan to cook for a few minutes before draining the tinned potatoes and adding these too.
- Pour in the tin of oxtail soup, then fill the same tin up with water and add this to the pan. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat so it's bubbling gently at a simmer. Cool for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- Drain the tin of carrots and add these along with the peas to the pan, then stir together and cook for a couple more minutes. Remove it from the heat and pour the contents of the pan into an ovenproof roasting tin or dish so it fits snugly, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add the flour, gravy granules, dried herbs and vegetable oil and give it a good stir. Add the 1/4 mug of water and bring the mixture together by rubbing it through your hands to make a rough crumble. Sprinkle the topping all over the cooled beef filling.
- Pop the dish on a baking tray and cook in the hot oven for 30-45 minutes until the crumble topping is risen and golden brown. Then spoon onto plates and dig in.