Full Time Meals: Carrot and Courgette Spaghetti
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 x 500g packet spaghetti
1 large carrot (or 2 small)
1 large courgette (or 2 small)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 clove of garlic
1⁄2 small tub of light cream cheese
1 small block of Red Leicester cheese
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for 10-12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, keep back 1⁄2 a mug of the pasta water (to use later), then drain the spaghetti and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, peel the carrot, and then use the vegetable peeler to peel long wide strips (a bit like ribbons) along the length of the carrot and courgette. Peel and roughly chop the garlic.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, and then the carrot and courgette ribbons. Stir it all together and cook for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Add the 1⁄2 mug of pasta water to the pan, and then add the cream cheese. Grate the Red Leicester and add this to the pan too. Mix it all together and let everything warm through gently until the cheese starts to melt.
- Add the drained spaghetti to the pan with the vegetables and cheese, tossing it together so the pasta is coated in the sauce. Divide it between 4 plates or bowls and season with a bit of black pepper. Now tuck in!