Full Time Meals: Cheesy Bean Burritos
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1 mug of basmati rice
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp tomato purée
1 tin of mixed beans
1 tbsp fajita spice mix
4 tortilla wraps (white, wholemeal or ‘half and half’)
4 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- Whack the oven on at 180C.
- Put the rice in a sieve and rinse it well under the tap for a few minutes. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and then add the rice and cook for 8-10 minutes. Once cooked, drain the rice and set it aside.
- Peel and roughly chop the onion and garlic. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and, once hot, add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes until golden brown. Then add the garlic and tomato purée and cook for a few more minutes.
- Drain the beans into a sieve and rinse under the tap, then add these along with the fajita spice mix and the drained rice to the pan and give it all a good stir.
- Lay a piece of kitchen foil onto a flat surface and place one of the tortilla wraps on top. Spoon 1⁄4 of the bean and rice mixture onto the middle of the wrap, then top this with a sprinkling of grated cheese. Fold the top and bottom of each wrap up and over the filling, then fold in the sides - rolling it up tightly so the filling is securely wrapped up. Finally, wrap the whole thing in the foil. Repeat this process for the remaining 3 wraps.
- Pop all the wraps in their foil in the hot oven for 8-10 minutes until the wrap is soft and the cheese is melted.
- Pop the burritos onto plates, peeling away the foil wrapping before digging in!