Full Time Meals: Classic Lasagne
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 120 minutes
For the sauce:
- Heat a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Once hot, tip in the mince and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook for around 10 minutes, until the mince is evenly browned.
- Peel and grate the carrot, then add this along with the frozen onions and peppers to the pan. Cook for a few minutes more to soften, stirring often.
- Once the onions are soft, add the tomato purée and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, then fill the tin with water and add to the pan. Stir in the gravy granules. Bring it to a gentle bubble and cook over a low-medium heat, stirring often, for around 45 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Pop the oven on at 180C, then make the white sauce. Pour the milk into a pan and add the white sauce powder. Whisk together until the sauce thickens, as per the packet instructions.
- Now build the lasagne. Into a deep ovenproof dish, spoon in a good layer of the sauce, then lay on 3 sheets of lasagne and spoon over a nice covering of the white sauce. Repeat this process 2 more times, making sure to cover the final layer of lasagne sheets just with white sauce. Sprinkle over the cheese and a bit of pepper, then cook in the hot oven for 45 minutes.
- Then serve it onto plates and enjoy!