Full Time Meals: Crispy Leek and Potato Pie
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Whack the oven on at 180C.
- Peel and cut the onion into small wedges. Next, heat 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes until starting to brown.
- Trim the leeks and cut them into chunks, then rinse under water to get rid of any dirt. Add them to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Tip the vegetables into a high-sided roasting tin or tray. Drain the tin of potatoes and cut each potato in half, then add these to the roasting tin and crumble over the stock cube. Add a bit of pepper and stir in the tin of soup.
- Get your sheets of filo pastry and scrunch up each one, then arrange them on top of the vegetables to make your pie top. Use a pastry brush to brush the filo pastry with 2 tbsp of the vegetable oil. Don’t worry if you don’t have a brush, just use your finger. Then sprinkle over a bit more pepper.
- Put the pie in the hot oven to cook for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and the sauce is bubbling. Serve it onto plates and dig in!