Full Time Meals: Full Time Chowder
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
2 medium potatoes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tin of cream of mushroom soup
1 mug of water
1 reduced salt vegetable stock cube
1 small tin of sweetcorn
1⁄2 mug macaroni pasta
4 slices of wafer-thin ham
- Peel and roughly chop the onion, then peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Once hot, add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to turn golden brown. Next, add the potatoes and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tin of soup to the pan, along with 1 mug of water, and then crumble in the stock cube. Drain the tin of sweetcorn and then add this to the pan too. Give everything a good stir and bring it to the boil.
- Add the pasta to the pan and reduce the heat so it’s bubbling gently at a simmer for 12-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the soup has thickened a little.
- Roughly cut up the ham and then add this to the pan to warm through. Sprinkle over a bit of pepper, if you like, and spoon into bowls to serve.