Full Time Meals: Mac & Cheese
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Pop the oven on at 180C.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then add the macaroni pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes, or according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the cheese sauce by adding the sachet to a large saucepan over a gentle heat, then add the milk and stir together. Bring the sauce to a simmer so it’s bubbling gently and stir constantly until the sauce thickens. Then reduce the heat and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Grate the cheddar and add about 3⁄4 of it to the sauce (keeping some back for the topping), then add the mustard and stir together until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Grate the cauliflower, using the coarse side of a box grater, then add this along with the drained pasta to the cheese sauce. Mix it all together and tip it into an ovenproof dish. Crush the wheat biscuits in your hands and scatter this over the top of the cheesy pasta, followed by the remaining grated cheddar.
- Cook in the hot oven for 25-30 minutes until the topping is golden brown and the sauce is bubbling. Spoon onto plates and tuck in!