Full Time Meals: Spaghetti Bolognese
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
500g 5% fat beef mince
1 mug of frozen onions
1 mug of frozen sliced mixed peppers
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 mug of water
2 tbsp gravy granules
1 x 500g packet spaghetti
Grated parmesan, to serve
- Heat a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Once hot, tip in the mince and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook for around 10 minutes, until the mince is evenly browned.
- Peel and grate the carrot, then add this along with the frozen onions and peppers to the pan. Turn the heat down to medium and cook for a few more minutes to soften, stirring often.
- Once the onions are soft, add the tomato purée and cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the chopped tomatoes along with the mug of water, gravy granules and a bit of pepper. Bring it to a gentle bubble and cook over a low-medium heat, stirring often, for around 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and serve it into bowls, then top with the bolognese sauce and a sprinkling of grated parmesan.